The perfect mouse for your gaming laptop will depend on the many factors such as your grip, the usage. In addition, what is critical is what you are willing to compromise on as far as glide features, additional mouse buttons etc. A perfect mouse is a subjective term and will entirely depend on the kind of games you generally play. This will indicate the kind of features you will need in a mouse. For instance, if you are into FPS (First Person Shooter) games, you will need mice that have the right kind of sensitivity and responsiveness. So, what should you first understand:
Your Grip: Grips are classified into three types- Palm, Claw and Fingertip grips.
If you cover your mouse with the entire palm, you will fall into the first category, if your fingers are raised higher and you use them like claws to click, you are in the second and the fingertip grip suggests that you rest your palm down while clicking the buttons with your fingers alone. In the first two cases, it is best to go with larger and heavier mice, whereas the last category can do with a smaller and lightweight mouse.
The Games: This is an important one to consider. Accurate and quick tracking will be required if you play First Person Shooter games because these are heavily dependent on clicking speeds. For Counter-Strike: GO you need the best gaming mouse for csgo. Similarly, if you are into MMO’s (Massive Multiplayer Online) games, you may have to consider additional buttons.
Movement: Understanding high, medium or low sensitivity to movements will allow you pick the right mouse per how much you move the mouse and how often you raise it.
Bearing the above information in mind, always consider the shape, size and the mouse weight before you shortlist the brands and pick one that best suits the purpose.
What brands can you consider the best?
- Razer Naga Hex V2: This is a great mouse for MMO and MOBA (Multiplayer Online Battle Arena) Game players. It comes with a thumb grip and seven buttons placed in a circle allowing you to use them in the games to fire off spells or moves in quick successions. This will require some training and get used to but it has the look and functions like a pro.
- Logitech G900 Chaos Spectrum: This one has an ambidextrous design and modular side buttons. It has a DPI Scaling of 200 to 12000 plus and therefore works like a breeze on games such as a tournament level Heroes of the Storm. Ambidextrous designs are rare, plus there is the additional feature of it having magnetic buttons which can be swapped too.
- Corsair M65 Pro RGB: This one is a winner simply because they have managed to jam so many features in it. Despite that, it is ultra-comfortable through long sessions of playing. It boasts of an aircraft -grade aluminum structure, extra-large pad for glide feature, 8 buttons. It also has a DPI switcher which adds to the fancy, let’s not forget a cool sniper button.
Armed with the above knowledge, I would strongly suggest you
- Make a quick list of the brands you like
- Check out the various mouse products available
- Understanding your requirements, shortlist the ones you like based on size, comfort and additional buttons you need
- Pay attention to the technical specifications.