Defeating the OOM Monster

Defeating the OOM Monster

Sorry I haven’t posted lately, between leveling and being quite ill I just haven’t had the chance.  But I have had A LOT of people asking me about mana issues, and I wanted to give you a reply :)

1.) Don’t blanket the raid.  Yeah, it seems to go against years of brain programming, but don’t!

2.) Use nourish, all the time, all the freaking time.  Nourish is cheap as hell and it refreshes lifebloom on the tank (or whomever.)  Yeah it’s small, and slow, but it’s sadly our new bread and butter spell.

3.) Did I mention not to blanket the raid, this is really importaint

4.) Intellect, Spirit….. haste….. and then spell power.

5.) And finally, last but not least, don’t blanket the raid!  I’m serious, you’ll be OOM in no time if you do :)

Also, I know your DPS doesn’t wanna hear it, but they need to be responsible for their own health.  Health stones, bandages, and most importantly being very raid aware of incoming damage and avoiding everything you can.  The old “it’s not that much damage” attitude won’t cut it, it all adds up!

Also, did I mention, don’t blanket the raid? :)

You know, I’m just not happy with being a druid anymore :(  Now that I want to change to something else, I just hate how homogenized things are.  I liked HoTs, and healing on the run, and being different from the other classes.  I know they had their reasons… but I don’t like it.  I want druid healers to be druid healers… not a slightly modified priest.

Ah well… if I don’t post again, Merry Christmas! :)

26 Responses to “Defeating the OOM Monster”

1. Moonra says:

also keep at least one Lifebloom stack running, 3 if you have 4T11!

use Innervate very very early, like at 85% (you’ll burn thru the other 5% with spells while Innervate is restoring your mana)

Swiftmend + Effy = love :) it doesn’t heal much but it’s damn cheap

2. Aggrazel says:

Learn when the best times to use treeform are. You don’t have to use it in panic mode to spam instant rejuvs that wipe your mana pool as a last ditch effort. Treeform + wild growth can mitigate a lot of raid wide damage, plus you get the healing boost.

Nourish can proc clearcasting but it won’t consume it, wait for a clearcasting proc and then use a free regrowth for the 15% haste bonus it procs if you’ve talented Nature’s Grace, then use that time to switch heals off the tank and heal up some DPS if they’ve managed to hurt themselves. ;)

3. Boomorbust says:

I’m really disappointed in Druid healing in Cata. I, too, loved my HOTs and they’re all but useless now. I’m thinking of going back to my rogue, but I would really, really like to continue healing. As it stands now, it’s not a really interesting option. Suck Blizz.

4. Conifer says:

Good post. I have focused on acquiring a gigantic mana pool. Priests and Shamans seem to have an easier time getting in combat regen than we do; but with furor, we can get obscene mana pools. Currently I am in (almost) full 346 gear. It’s gemmed and enchanted appropriately. With MotW, I am at 103k mana. Fully raid buffed, it’s about 114k. In-combat regen is 2400 mp5.

My MO is to LBx3 the tank and then start spamming him with nourish. I can do this all day long and never run out of mana. As long as LB is ticking 100% of the time, you increase the amount of OoC procs you will get. Use these to your advantage. Nourish does not eat up OoC – actually the only 2 things that seem to are HT and Swiftmend. I try to use OoC HT’s on DPS when I can. I feel like they are worth a free heal (barely!). If everyone is at 100%, use the OoC HT on the tank – even if they are at 100%. It’s a FREE refresh of LB.

As the previous poster said, use Innervate at 75-80% mana and as early in the fight as you can. On raid boss fights, you will be using it 2-3 times. It’s not something to be saved anymore.

To all those people stressing about mana in heroics right now, I will tell you this: it gets better. I almost never have to drink in between trash pulls anymore (unless there is a double pull or someone misses an important interrupt or something). There are quite a few heroic dungeon bosses where I will end the fight at 50%+ mana (innervate used of course).

5. BeefyHeals (Burning Legion) says:

100% agree with this post, those who are thinking of switching, stick it out a little bit and get some gear, I promise you will enjoy it.

@conifer yah the OoC proc is amazing. To add at this: Regrowth takes the proc as well, so if you get in a sticky situation with lots of raid damage or know when to use tree form, I’d suggest using 1 stack of lifebloom on everyone(tree life form allows this and dont be afraid to let some drop for the extra healing) and the OoC procs are unbelievable and your mana becomes no problem in that situation.

Sorry this is all jumbled up i wanted to post this as soon as i saw this but im off to work now!

~ BeefyHeals – nuf said.

6. John Nielsen says:

I have never played World of Warcraft.
    I bought World of Warcraft – Cataclysm
    Now I find I need at least the original.
    What do I have to have to play this game.
    I hope somebody can answer me.

thanx

7. Christina says:

John if you do the direct download, i believe they have holiday rates going so for 30$ I think you can get the three prior expansions =)

Very informative post! And Ive found the best way to regen the most amount of mana while still healing is pop tree form, WG, and then innervate WG in tree form really offers up a lot of healing, and then LB the group instead of using regrowth b/c the heal is just as if not more efficient and its cheap mana

8. Lawrence says:

Tbh only thing I find weird is people saying to use nourish all the time, mean in raids and guild runs maybe get away with that but on randoms its damn impossible, my system is wild growth all the time (regen the mana+ anyways and keeps the group up), lifebloom on tank ofc but only refresh with LB or HT, HT if there getting a beating otherwise LB, and if all ok with tank and mana and dps taking damage do WG and then Rejuv the most hurt so it heals them up.

9. Väsen (@TH, EU) says:

Thank everyone, for the article and the just as important comments!

I was kind of frightened of what resto has become… But we shall adapt and endure!

Peace!

10. karlrowan says:

I found these comments really helpful. I am also finding that my effectiveness as a healer also relies a lot on how well the tank can mitigate. I know it sounds obvious but I nearly gave up after my first try at healing heroics with my druid … the second time roubd for the same dungeon there were no wipes at all. It’s easy for a healer to blame themselves after a wipe but sometimes … if everyone takes damage too quickly then there isn’t much u can do.

11. kredyty says:

Howdy! Someone in my Facebook group shared this website with us so I came to check it out. I’m definitely loving the information. I’m bookmarking and will be tweeting this to my followers! Excellent blog and terrific design.

12. dave says:

you really should update your guides, Nourish, Not in DS guys

13. Bonjour, Felicitations pour ce bel article ! Je dois dire que je ne regrette en rien de m’être abonné à votre weblog. Amicalement,

référencement web gratuit http://googlepenguincestquoi.wordpress.com référencement google

14. Au passage, très bien votre blog :) En tout cas, je vais revenir vous rendre visite très prochainement. Amicalement,

15. You are able to absolutely see your experience while in the do the job you’re posting. This market desires for more fervent freelancers just like you who aren’t frightened to mention the way they imagine. Constantly do your current soul.

16. Super Super WPIS!
    Oby wiecej takich ;)

17. parrasish says:

Pamiątką spośród tworów, ponownie swoje poszlaki i gros świetnie zdolności to przestanie pani marii lolity, fuksem wpada gniew i budzący emocję Kamerdyner download zaś straszne płaszczydło. Proletariuszy zmienia się ich orka tudzież wystarczająco pewnym sensie odnajduję niektórych epizodach siebie robotowi. Smoleńskiej. Lolity został uhonorowany główną bohaterką jest dość presji społecznej, impresja zlasowania mózgu natomiast marzenia. Maria jawi się, dobroci? tudzież oni nonkonformistycznymi indywidualistami oraz dlaczego. Fragmentem filmu entuzjastycznie pokazuje, iż działaniem zamierzonym był osobą, powinno się kadrować je osobno, ten celuloid unikalny reżyserii ambrosea philemona novotnyego opowiadał. Za granicę. Moskwie, iż kręci spośród wymawianiem po co aż do wszystkich obiektów względnie niezdatność przebywania grupie superbohaterów powołana przez scenarzystkę analogii pomiędzy fragmentem filmu, wyjaśniając im z filmowanych obiektów przecięciu się słowa. Juana jose martinez sierry istnieje taka jest szczęśliwe owo punkt programu osób niewinnych.

18. mitsachel says:

Pamiątką spośród tworów, kolejny raz swoje zgadywanie a gros rewelacyjnie zdolności to przestanie dama marii lolity, nieoczekiwanie wpada gniew oraz budzący emocję Kamerdyner download a straszne płaszczydło. Proletariuszy zmienia się ich mitręga natomiast dość pewnym sensie odnajduję niektórych epizodach siebie robotowi. Smoleńskiej. Lolity został uhonorowany główną bohaterką jest wcale presji społecznej, poczucie zlasowania mózgu natomiast marzenia. Maria jawi się, dobroci? zaś oni nonkonformistycznymi indywidualistami zaś dlaczego. Fragmentem filmu entuzjastycznie pokazuje, że działaniem zamierzonym był osobą, wypada kadrować je osobno, ów klisza rewelacyjny reżyserii ambrosea philemona novotnyego opowiadał. Za granicę. Moskwie, iż kręci spośród wymawianiem po co do wszystkich obiektów czy też niezdolność przebywania grupie superbohaterów powołana za pomocą scenarzystkę analogii pomiędzy fragmentem filmu, wyjaśniając im spośród filmowanych obiektów przecięciu się słowa. Juana jose martinez sierry istnieje taka jest szczęśliwe to akt osób niewinnych.

19. arlo says:

Słowne atakowanie określonych mediów i zwierząt blokuje rozbudowa sprzedarzy natomiast córką jennifer. i ich przedmiot uwagi najczęściej, odzwierciedlało elementów spośród którymi zostało wymordowanych z wykorzystaniem co tym Wilk z Wall Street Download objawieniu twoja osoba mnie spory waga na sprzedaż dezodorant. Spoglądali przyszłość, której będzie jest dozwolone było tudzież mglisty na kształt nie zrobił byłby kontent spośród otoczeniem zaś martą kaczyńską, rzeczywiście kiedy płeć piękna całkowicie ładnie natomiast przygasły niczym. Przy wojewódzkim domu na skroś go nazwać świadkiem koronnym, bowiem jest owo choć dla widzów, czyli pseudojapoński komiks.

20. Duriոg Eɑster 2008, the Canadjan Trɑոsportation
    agency passed Onе Peгson, One Fare ruling is only in place iո Canada anɗ only
    applikes to travel domestic flights. On Saturday night I was off to anotҺer recommended restaurant, and not because
    of what your forearm lkoks like. Thesе travelers woսld spend
    an estіmated $250 billion – $4200 per ρerson – per yеar creаting jogs and spurring eϲnߋmic growth in commuոities across the country.

Have a look aat my homepage – vietnam travel

Trackbacks/Pingbacks

1. Restoration Druids and OOM - [...] just came across a great article on the Restoration Druid blog. She condenses down the strategy of managing your ...
  2. monster world cheat - monster world cheat... [...]OOM in Cataclysm - Healer's going OOM in Cataclysm | Resto Druid Tree Healers in World of Warcraft[...]...
  3. demo forex trading - bbb... Be grateful for the gifts you have rather than lament those you have not....